Sometimes it’s hard to get through the day when you’ve been handed objection after objection. I’ve found that surrounding yourself with positive messages make it that much easier to go on that next appointment, or pick up the phone to call the next client. Sales is not an easy job! It takes someone with a certain attitude to be successful.
Here are a few of my favorites. My advice to you is to print a few out and hang them in your office or cubicle, so that you’ll have constant reminders to keep up the hard work and positive attitude.
1. “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
2. “How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
3. “The questions you ask are more important than the things you could ever say.” – TomFreese
4. “Prospecting - Find the man with the problem.” – Ben Friedman
5. “It’s not your customer’s job to remember you. It is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you” – Patricia Fripp
6. “Most people think ‘selling’ is the same as ‘talking’. But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.” – Roy Bartell
7. “The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed.” – Henry Ford
8. “Victory is the sweetest when you know defeat” – Malcom Forbes
9. “Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity of more business” -Zig Ziglar
10. “Take more chances than you dare. You’ll make more sales than you expect. That’s the formula.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
11. “If you aim for nothing, you will hit it every time.” – Zig Ziglar
12. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do”- John Wooden
13. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” – Thomas Paine
14. "I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?" - Jill Konrath
15. "You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do." - Henry Ford
16. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
17. “The best way out is always through.” - Robert Frost
18. Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time" - Lou Brock
18. “Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.” -Lou Brock
19. “Sometimes questions are more important than answers.” -Nancy Willard
20. “Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.” -Winston Churchill
Happy selling, everyone!
*Please subscribe for weekly updates to The Spire Advantage! Follow us on social media for daily sales tips.